Looking for a few Weekend Activities? There is always so many fun activities going on in St Simons Island and the surrounding area. Whether you are here on vacation or live here are our 5 picks for family friendly things to do.
1. Friday, Saturday and Sunday Matt Rogers Live at Gnats Landing- Come listen to country artist, Matt Rogers. He has performed with some of the hottest names in country, including Cole Swindell, Lo Cash and Michael Ray.
2. 18th Century Craft & Trade at Fort Frederica- Saturday from 9am to noon. Meet at the Palmetto Hut behind the Visitor Center.
3. Green Screen Film Festival Saturday from 11:00am to 3:00pm
11am – Local environmental organizations fair
11:30am – Welcome and short film presentations
12:15pm – Break with refreshments and sandwich lunch; Local environmental organizations fair
1:00pm – Feature film presentation: How to Let Go of the World and Love All the Things Climate Can’t Change (run time 2 hours. Appropriate for ages 10+ due to mild language)
3:00pm – Closing
For more information and ticket reservation contact film festival host Green Scene of Coastal Georgia: http://www.greenscenega.org/
4. Movie on the Green: Jungle Book 8:30 to 10:30pm-Arrive early to find your perfect spot on the Village Green and take part in pre-movie festivities. This event is free and open to all, but we encourage you to bring your own blankets and lawn chairs. Various snack and dinner options will be available for purchase at several of our Beach Village shops.
5. Paint & Sip at Tortuga Jacks -Sunday from 5:00pm to 8:00pm. Open to the public and fun for all ages! $25 for the materials and class.