In a Travel + Leisure readers’ poll released in May, 2014, St. Simons Island, Georgia was voted “America’s Favorite Beach Town.” And St. Simons Island is not just among America’s Favorite Beach Towns, it is America’s #1 Favorite Beach Town!
St. Simons Island ranked above some pretty impressive beach towns, including Amelia Island, Carmel-by-the-Sea, St. Augustine, Key West, Martha’s Vineyard, Tybee Island, La Jolla and others.
Travel + Leisure readers cited St. Simons’ “triple threat of southern charm, serenity and affordability.” The Island also scored well with readers for good picnic spots, annual festivals, romance and activities like biking. The “white sand and live oaks” impressed as well.
This adds to the treasure trove of awards, accolades and national mentions St. Simons Island has been stacking on our trophy case:
– #5 on the “Top 10 Islands in the United States” in the Conde Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards
– #3 in the “America’s Favorite Towns” Travel + Leisure readers’ poll
– #1 in the “America’s Most Romantic Towns” Travel + Leisure readers’ poll
– Named a “Best Fall Beach Escape” by Outside Magazine’s online Adventure Adviser
– Crowned “A New Capital for U.S. Golf” by The New York Times
– Named an “Ultimate Spring Escape” by Southern Living magazine
To read more about St. Simons Island, visit the St. Simons Island section of our website. And to see more awards and links to the full stories, visit the Praise for St. Simons Island page at hodnettcooper.com