- 1 Roasted Chicken (from the store) Any kind is fine. If they have Lemmon Pepper, I would get that
- 2-3 Stalks of Celery
- 1 Med Onion
- Fresh Cilantro
- Tri-Color Tortilla Strips or Egg Noodles
- 2 Cans of Rotelle Tomatoes (Mild)
- 1 Box of Chicken Stock
- 1 Box of Chicken Broth
- Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb Seasoning (or whatever seasoning you would like)
- Salt (just a little, to taste)
Sautee Chopped celery and onions in olive oil until slightly tender.
Add Rotelle Tomatoes, chicken stock and broth, pepper and seasonings.
Bring to a boil, turn down and simmer for about 20-30 minutes.
I just use the white meat of the roasted chicken, you can put some dark in as well.
Pull the skin off the chicken and shred the meat, add to the soup and let it simmer just a little while longer. Sometimes, if I make it in the afternoon, I will just turn it off and let it sit for awhile, then heat it up right before serving.
Before seving : Cut up avacado and cilantro and put it in the bottom of soup bowl, then add soup and tortilla srtips on top. You can also cook rice and put in the bottom of the bowl, and you can also add black beans to the soup if you would like. When re-heating you can always add more broth and/or stock. Very easy and delicious! Enjoy