- 4 lbs flat cut corned beef brisket
- 1 (12 ounce) bottles Guinness draught
- 1 medium Vidalia onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 bay leafs
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 head cabbage, cut into wedges, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 lb. of petite white potatoes
- Soak corned beef in warm water for an hour.
- In a Dutch oven, or other large pot with a cover, brown corned beef well on all sides over high heat.
- Pour Guinness over the meat, and add enough water to just cover the brisket.