Do You Know the Warning Signs of a Stroke? Learn to recognize a stroke because time lost is brain lost. Today there are treatments that may reduce the risk of damage from the most common type of stroke, but only if you get help quickly-within three hours of your first symptoms.
Call 911 immediately if you experience any of these warning signs!
The American Heart Association wants you to know:
- Sudden weakness or numbness of the face, arm or leg, especially on one side of the body.
- Sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding.
- Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes.
- Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination.
- Sudden severe headache with no known cause.
The next time you see your healthcare provider ask how you can reduce your risk for a stroke. The American Heart Association and American Stroke Association want you to Learn and Live!