Serves 30 as an appetizer.
- 5 pounds medium fresh Georgia shrimp
- 5 medium Vidalia onions quartered into bite-size wedges
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 large bottle of capers and juice
- 2 lemons cut in thin slices
- 3 firm tomatoes cut into bite-size wedges
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. Tabasco sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
Boil shrimp for 3 minutes. Drain immediately. Peel de-vein, wash and drain well. In deep, flat pan, layer shrimp, onion, lemon & tomatoes, repeating until all is used. Mix all remaining ingredients thoroughly and pour over shrimp and onions. Cover and refrigerate for at least 12 hours. Stir or flip at intervals throughout that time. To serve, lift onions, lemons, tomatoes and shrimp from marinade and serve from a glass bowl with toothpicks.